Sign up to our free daily email for the latest royal and entertainment news, interesting opinion, expert advice on styling and beauty trends, and no-nonsense guides to the health and wellness questions you want answered.
Thank you for signing up to Woman & Home. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
The biggest spring/summer fashion trends 2023 are absolutely everywhere this summer. Now halfway through the year, we're seeing key looks from last September's runway shows growing in popularity. And now's the time to shop key looks for your summer wardrobe that you can wear right through to fall.
The summer fashion trends 2023 are in full swing, and although the autumn/winter fashion trends 2023 patiently waiting in the wings for their turn in the spotlight, we're still inching out every bit of summer dressing we can. The latest spring/summer fashion trends 2023 are influenced by shows from the four key fashion cities, New York, London, Milan, and Paris, and they're now cropping up in straight-to-market stores across the world. So whether you're devoted to designer labels or prefer to shop at more affordable brands, you can find on-trend options that fit your budget.
Whilst trends used to change fairly drastically each season, we are seeing many of the biggest fashion trends 2022 sticking around offering extra mileage to some summer favorites, and proving the true timelessness of this year's biggest looks. With silhouettes and colors that have been a roaring success set to still have a spot in your wardrobe for the foreseeable, we've already spotted all of this season's biggest trends at our favorite retailers, these are our top picks and how to wear them.
Spring/summer fashion trends 2023: New season styles revealed
It's time to get your summer capsule wardrobe in order for the sunny months ahead. While it will largely be filled with wardrobe staples, adding in items that correlate with the spring/summer fashion 2023 will ensure your outfits feel timely.
We have trawled through the spring/summer fashion shows and collated the fashion trends to look out for this year, and while designers stayed true to their own personal style signatures, there were some common key ideas that we expect will trickle down through straight-to-market collections and into our wardrobes. Here are the 27 spring/summer fashion trends 2023 that you need on your radar.
1. Purple Hues
One of the biggest color trends that last year had to offer is set to remain a firm favorite for the fashion color trends 2023. Lilac has adorned everything from casual separates to special occasion pieces and it seems that purple tones across the spectrum are here to stay.
While the pastel iteration of the color was by far the most popular at New York Fashion Week, richer and deeper hues broke through at Ulla Johnson and looked particularly chic paired with lighter, lavender pieces for a tonal ensemble. Tory Burch and Adam Lippes offered the palest interpretations, so soft they could be mistaken for cream, giving the now staple colorway a new lift for spring/summer 2023.
Although there was plenty of casual separates, lilac was also given an occasionwear makeover, with some of the best cocktail dresses from the likes of Pamella Roland and Dennis Basso and is certainly one wedding guests and those looking for the best bridesmaids dresses should consider for nuptials this year.
Better still according to the New York Fashion Week 2023 shows, lavender and lilac hues are set to remain big right through fall and winter making for an excellent investment.
What to look out for:
- Party dresses: Got a special occasion coming up? A pretty and romantic hue, lilac and purple tones made a big impact in 2022 and their reign on partywear will continue into 2023. Look for silver beaded and tulle iterations to add a new twist to the trend.
- Tonal ensembles: For a head-to-toe look that gets the fashion crowd's approval, pair lilac with deeper purples, look to Ulla Johnson for inspiration.
- Sporty styles: Give androgynous sportswear a pretty twist, with rain-ready jackets and sleek sweatshirts in the palest of purples.
RRP: $39.99 / £22.99 | Add a fresh pop of color to your wardrobe with this versatile basic that can be styled with absolutely anything this season. Wear with a denim maxi skirt to nail '90s denim trends for the months ahead.
RRP: $3,363 / £2,510 | One of the best designer bags returns with a seasonal color update for 2023. The Jodie remains a hugely popular style, thanks to its intricate woven design and easy-to-carry silhouette. We love the bold coloring.
2. Tassel Details
Another trend extending its lifecycle into 2023 was tassel detailing. The best dresses and party pieces were treated to a fully fringed makeover for a look that will be hard to resist. Fringing is an ideal trend in the summer as it doesn't work particularly well with coats, and of course, you want the tassel detailing to be on show at all times. Ideal for dancing or for sunny breaks, fringe gives every item of clothing added depth and movement.
The level of fringing differed across the runways, with sweepingly dramatic full fringing at PatBo and Bronx & Banco, while the likes of Proenza Schouler and Ulla Johnson offered softer and more relaxed iterations of the trend. While tassel detailing is often linked to discovering what is boho style, for the spring/summer fashion trends 2023 the look feels less bohemian and more glam. With party dresses where the trend shined best.
A favorite look of the style set, fashion stylist and editor Antonia Kraskowski explains why this is the dancefloor-ready look to love next year.
"Tassels and fringing are a great way to add drama to your look this season. From subtle fringing on skirts and knits to full-blown flapper-inspired dresses, this is a trend that you can take as far as you fancy".
What to look out for:
- Fringed dresses: Bring a touch of glamour to your closet in 2023. With lots of metallic hues, when it comes to dresses, you want thick layers of fringing, layered on top of bodycon silhouettes, for a party-ready aesthetic that will sway as you move.
- Tasseled knits: For a more casual take on the trend, look to lightly tasseled knits that draw more on the bohemian and artisanal roots of this style.
- Beachwear: From the best beach cover-ups to the latest swim styles, tasseled finishes will help elevate your poolside ensemble.
RRP: $84 / £45 | A wrap skirt makes for the perfect summer throw-on piece, and we love the fringed hem that elevates this skirt beyond your typical midi. Style up with some coordinating strappy heels and a neutral floaty blouse.
RRP: $128 / £118 | Grab your best cowboy boots, your fave jeans and this jacket for a winning Western look. In a gorgeous neutral brown, it can be thrown over any brighter hues as a statement cover-up this summer.
RRP: $149 / £120 | The pearl embellishment on this sweater really sets it apart, making it a great option for what to wear with black jeans or a denim maxi skirt this season. With a high cut back, for extra coverage, slip this sweater over a bodysuit or tucked in tee.
3. Lace and Laser Cutting
Lace detailing is a great look for a directional outfit as the lighter fabric and cut-out detailing lends itself to gloriously warm weather. We have seen an increased leaning towards artisan detailing, coupled with new technologies in recent years and this combination of lush lace and intricate laser cutting pays homage to craftsmanship.
Lace fabric might have been the basis for this 2023 spring fashion trend but interpretations of the look differed from brand to brand, with Naeem Khan offering a dramatic cape ensemble, while Proenza Schouler and Bibhu Mohapatra showed off more wearable blouse iterations.
Seen in a rainbow of colors, from classic white to bold and punchy pinks and blues, thanks to the detailing, this style automatically lends itself more to evening and occasionwear. An ideal investment for what to wear to an engagement party or wedding this year.
What to look out for:
- Lace shirts: Giving tailoring a feminine twist, lace and laser-cut shirts will look particularly chic styled under well-tailored blazers for a softer finish.
- Laser-cut dresses: Ideal for wedding guests to what to wear to the races in 2023, laser-cut designs encapsulate the romanticism of lace but with a thoroughly modern finish.
- Lace skirts: Injecting any outfit with a romantic feel, look for large lace, over vintage-inspired styles to offer a more modern direction.
RRP: $139 / £75 | Lace and laser cutting ensures that any look can feel more feminine and elegant. This gorgeous dress also taps into another major spring/summer fashion trend of 2023 - sunshine yellow. This dress is sure to raise a smile.
RRP: $94 / £65 | Utterly timeless, a white lace blouse is the ideal additional to a minimalist capsule wardrobe. Chic and elegant, it can slip underneath blazers, pair with A-line skirts or underneath sleeveless shift dresses for luxe added detailing.
RRP: $88 / £78 | Long skirt outfits will remain a key look. This cream iteration has an almost gothic feel to it - which will come in handy for injecting some gothic glam into your closet too. Pair with a baggy tee or cropped cardigan for the evening.
4. Frothy and feathery
The spring/summer fashion trends 2023 clearly demonstrated that there was romance on the cards, with tactile and frothy tulle and feathers adorning a selection of styles across New York's eight-day fashion extravaganza. From full tulle dresses at Siriano and Molly Goddard, which continued this season's volume trend, to statement hemlines, adding drama to dresses at Herrera.
This trend is very much the icing on the occasionwear cake, with almost meringue-like peaks of soft fabric, making it the style to help you twirl into a summer evening. Equally luxurious, feather detailing was used to give added luxe to thigh-skimming hems, and maxi dresses, while a '20s style feathered jacket was highlighted what to wear over a dress this summer.
No color was off limits here, with a mixture of pastel hues and bold jewel tones all playing their part in creating one of the most fun and decadent spring/summer fashion trends 2023 is set to deliver.
What to look out for:
- Feather trims: On basically everything, but certainly on your best summer party frocks. Opt for simple A-line or trapeze silhouettes to let your hemline do the talking.
- Tulle tiers: Siriano made a point of reminding us that when it comes to dresses, bigger is better. Be the belle of the ball at any soiree with a tiered dress with tulle layers. This look is about turning as many heads as possible.
- Feathered jackets: Update eveningwear looks with feathered jackets for outerwear that elevates your favorite frocks. A look that you'll certainly be able to take through to those fall outfit ideas too.
RRP: $168 (US only) | One of our favorite looks of the season, the frothy and feathery trend is one that feels oh-so-very Sex and the City. If you want to learn how to dress like Carrie Bradshaw, you can't go wrong with this pretty tulle pleated skirt.
RRP: $204 / £119 | This striking dress is an absolute fashion steal and the statement look in neutral hues is a great choice for those looking for what to wear to a wedding this summer, or for brides on the hunt for the best rehearsal dinner dresses.
5. Rays of sunshine
Nothing says spring/summer trends have returned like sun rays shining through the clouds and New York Fashion Week certainly felt drenched in sunshine, even though in reality the rain clouds were never far away. For the fashion trends 2023 expect the season to be ushered in with significant amounts of yellow, as we welcome rising temperatures back into our lives - we can't wait.
From sharp suiting at Gabriela Hearst to the best wedding guest dresses at Badgley Mischka, the bright and sunny style might not be the easiest to pull off but it is guaranteed to offer everyone a much needed dose of dopamine dressing this season.
If yellow is one of those colors that leaves you asking 'what color suits me', everyone can wear yellow, you just need to think about how. To make this tricky hue work universally, look out for sleek skirts or a yellow bag and keep the color away from your face.
Antonia's verdict: "Sunshine shades are a spring staple. This cheering shade is bound to put a spring in your step in the new season ahead. Try wearing with neutral tones such as cream and beige for a grown-up take on the trend."
What to look out for:
- Occasionwear dresses: When it comes to the summer party circuit, shine brightly in yellow hues. Look for ladylike silhouettes, such as A-line dresses with well-tailored bodices to meet the brief.
- Light layers: A bright trench coat, like the style spotted at Laquan Smith, will certainly make rainy days feel a little happier.
- Yellow stripes: If you don't want to go for full-on yellow, take a leaf out of Veronica Beard's book and go for bold yellow and white stripes for an easier way to wear the trend.
RRP: $348 / £255 | This soft yellow hue is much easier to style than brighter iterations, so use them to ease yourself into this colorful trend. Balance out with a white cami top and chunky sandals to keep things light this season.
6. Sports Luxe
The idea of 'no pain, no gain', stands no ground here, as Sports Luxe is the spring/summer fashion trend for 2023 that guarantees you can look great and feel comfortable in one stylish step.
But make no mistake, although this look is 'relaxed' in the fashion sense, it is still far more polished than throwing on old leggings with your best hoodie. While the silhouettes are sporty, the fabrics bring the luxe element, with Tibi treating fashion fans to silky sweatshirts, paired effortlessly with matching skirts. Fendi channeled '90s grunge with its high-low mix of embellished slip skirts, teamed with sporty jackets - with what is set to be some of the best sweatshirts of the season.
Although more practical sportswear did make brief appearances on the runway, it was the bold and directional looks elsewhere that really got our heart rate up. To up-style classic sportswear pieces and give them a fashion-forward refresh, add heels to silky tracksuit trousers or cargo pants for a more elevated finish.
woman&home deputy fashion editor, Charlie Bell explains how to take this look from gym floor to dance floor:
"Athleisure is now one of the most popular fashion categories but the look for spring 2023 is more elevated. To avoid looking like you've just stepped out of gym, pick just one sporty item and style with more ready-to-wear pieces, for example, a crop top style sports bra under a blazer, or a bomber jacket worn over a dress. This high-low mix will give you the fashion elite's stamp of approval."
What to look out for:
- Bomber jackets: One of the big outerwear trends last year, this sporty style layering piece has followed us into this year, so invest now and wear for the next 12 months - that's what we call great cost-per-wear.
- Silky sweatshirts: Up-style your every day with satin-style sweatshirts. Easy to tuck into jeans or midi skirts, the light-catching fabric instantly makes this athleisure sweater feel more luxe.
- Sports jackets: Draw inspiration from this season's best waterproof jackets to add an activewear spin to your closet. Half zip designs and oversized, practical front pockets are the details to look out for.
RRP: $140 (US only) | This satin bomber nails the sports-luxe aesthetic. A brilliant year-round outerwear piece, it can be styled with pretty much anything. Wear with leggings that are pants to keep comfortable without losing that stylish flare.
RRP: $65 / £49 | Opt for darker hues to get joggers that can easily be worn out of the house. Ideal for styling with boots and trainers alike, this pair can be worn for an edgy weekend look, or used to keep super comfy paired with a chunky knit.
RRP: $299 / £299 | The best cashmere sweaters are integral to any wardrobe and this hooded dress gives you full body comfort, thanks to it soft and cozy feel. Available in several hues, it's the perfect alternative to joggers and sweatshirts.
7. Bubble Hems
The voluminous bubble hem makes a playful reappearance every few years, and while it is unlikely to become a firm favorite in the way an A-line midi skirt has, a bubble skirt still makes for a fun addition to the spring/summer fashion trends 2023.
On the runway we saw the bubble hems take on many guises. From floral maxi dresses, to thigh skimming minis, this full silhouette was about creating maximum drama. In a host of colors, whether it was the red carpet-ready styles at Bibhu Mohapatra and Naeem Khan or the more casual interpretations at Ulla Johnson and Proenza Schouler, this larger-than-life style made itself known.
A harder silhouette to wear, as always, it comes down to balancing your proportions to make sure that you wear this look, rather than the other way around. If you opt for a bubble hem skirt, wear with a fitted, tucked-in top to highlight your waist and a more tailored top half. Opting for a dress? Choose between a leg flashing silhouette, or an arm baring style to avoid losing your frame entirely.
What to look out for:
- Bubble hem skirts: A look that always feel feminine, to make this style work for occasionwear opt for textured or high shine fabrications.
- Bubble hem dresses: Show off your pins with thigh hem iterations, team with chunky wedges or sleek plimsolls for a fresh feel.
RRP: $102 / £55 | This party dress features an oversized bow for an added feminine feel, reflecting some of the Paris Fashion Week 2023 looks. The nipped-in waist is great for highlighting curves, while the thigh-skimming finish shows off the bubbled hem.
RRP: $445 / £393.95 | For a more grown-up take on the '80s style trend, this bubbled hem skirt could easily be paired with tights and the latest boot trends for immediate wear. Or pair it with a sleek black tank top and chunky necklace to keep things elegant.
The most feminine trend we spotted, ruffles big and small made themselves known sashaying down at numerous runways. Signaling a return to glamour for both evening and day dressing, volume continued to play a big role in how designers interpreted clothing for 2023. A trend that has been front and center for the past few seasons, from big skirts to big sleeves, the explosion of ruffles feels like an extension of a desire to be more present and noticeable, in other words, it's time to let your style shine.
Adding a party-ready feel to skirts, ruffles sat vertically, horizontally, and diagonally across the body adding decadence every turn. From statement evening wear at Halpern and Badgley Mischka to delicate chiffon ruffles at Carolina Herrera, and the daringly dramatic daywear at Adam Lippes, ruffled detailing offers an opportunity for feeling elevated at every opportunity - something we can certainly get behind.
If the statement nature of this trend unnerves you, Antonia suggests you can gently step into the ruffle trend, and go as big or as small as you feel comfortable with.
"Ruffles are a fun way to make a style statement - if you’re not sure you can pull off a multi-tiered frock, opt for smaller ruffle detailing items such as blouses and skirt hems."
What to look out for:
- Ruffled skirt: When it comes to long skirts for 2023, don't underestimate the power of an elongated ruffle. Look for vertical ruffles that will draw the eye up and down your silhouette.
- Ruffled shoulders: From tops to sweatshirts, expect appliqued ruffles to add luxe detailing to casual styles.
- Ruffled blouses: A great way of injecting this look into a workwear wardrobe, a ruffled blouse softens androgynous pieces and tailoring in an instant.
- Wedding dresses: Add a dose of drama to the wedding dress trends 2023, with a fairytale, ruffled dress
RRP: $158 / £110 | Tulle ruffles is one of the most elegant ways to wear this trend and this moss hue is ideal for everyday wear. Pair with sandals come summer or chunky boots for evenings out.
RRP: $94 / £55 | A white blouse will always have a home in your closet and the broderie fabric adds a beautiful summery touch. The perfect piece when it comes to stylish tops to wear with jeans, it can be worn to the office or for casual weekend jaunts.
"Florals for spring? Groundbreaking." It might be one of the most popular fashion quotes of all time, but when it comes to the spring/summer fashion trends 2023 this season, florals are back and they're bigger than ever. Large-scale bloom prints were seen prominently on the runway at London Fashion Week via the likes of Richard Quinn, Paul & Joe and Rixo. And while everyone put their own spin on the style, it was all about bright and punchy hues for maximum impact.
Florals are the go-to print for the spring and summer seasons, often popular for wedding guest dresses and nailing what to wear to a wedding. Offering timeless femininity, the bolder palettes give a nod to the dopamine dressing trend that dominated last year, giving mood-boosting color at every opportunity.
Expect this trend to be heavily covered by straight-to-market brands. A safe bet, florals are always worth the investment, as it's a look that will never go out of style
"A timeless trend, florals will always have a part to play in your spring/summer wardrobe. For 2023 however you can go bigger, bolder than ever before", says Antonia.
While florals are very much seen as a spring/summer trend, looking forward to the fall season, expect moody dark bloom prints to come through thanks to the likes of Alberta Ferretti who showcased the look during its Milan Fashion Week 2023 F/W show.
What to look out for:
- Bold, bright florals: Forget ditsy prints, the spring/summer trend for 2023 is about oversized and statement blooms. Go for large-scale, repeat patterns on pretty much anything.
- Floral dresses: A safe purchase, a floral dress, is one of the best summer dresses and will cover you for a host of summer occasions, meaning you can avoid those 'nothing to wear moments'.
- Printed blouses: When it comes to separates, a printed blouse will add an instant uplift to everyday basics, bringing classic blazers and tailored pants into the new season in a flash.
RRP: $59.99 / £35.99 | If traditional florals aren't really your speed, this smaller and darker pattern may work better for you - and it has a more mature feel. In a mesh fabric and maxi length, this skirt can be worn in the summer with a tee or in the winter with a chunky knit.
RRP: $398 / £348 | This short sleeve V-neck top is a comfortable and chic wardrobe staple. Thanks to the fitted silhouette and textured sleeves, it's an ideal candidate for tucking into jeans, pants, or a maxi skirt.
RRP: $950 / £825 | Australian clothing brand Zimmermann creates the most fantastical prints and this romantic floral design is ideal for summer occasions, from the races to weddings this season, this dress has your sartorial style sorted.
10. Underwear as outerwear
Another carried-over trend, underwear as outerwear is the risque fashion trend that fluctuates in popularity. Naturally more suited to spring/summer seasons - as the look doesn't provide much in the way of warmth - for the spring/summer fashion trends 2023, you can expect a more vintage-inspired take on the look. With striking corset detailing at Erdem, paired with crinoline-style full skirts, the look was softer and more feminine than previous interpretations.
While lingerie as outerwear was previously reserved for one of many ways of how to style a blazer, expect 2023 to offer a more delicate interpretation, harking back to an era where corsets were the norm, fashioning them for next season as dress bodices. While Erdem delved into the fashion archives, Christopher Kane offered a more modern take, integrating vinyl body braces and lace bra cups, that had a shapewear feel.
"A tricky trend to wear, ease yourself in with corset style tops and bonded bodice dresses. For those feeling a little more daring you could try a longline bralette under a blazer with high-waisted pair of tailored trousers. This allows you to reference the trend without flashing a lot of flesh", Antonia suggests.
What to look out for:
- Fit and flare dresses: Expect to see dresses with fitted bodice or corset style tops, teamed with fuller, statement skirts. This is a romanticized version of underwear and shapewear, championing an A-line silhouette.
- Slip dresses: A popular look for work or play, slip dresses regained their fashion footing with the '90s trend but have shored up their position with the lingerie look. Look for thigh-grazing styles, silky fabrics, and lace details.
- Camisoles: Silk and lace trimmed chemises and camisole tops, delicately slipped under blazers for an uber feminine feel
RRP: $269 / £159 | The slip dress has become a key wardrobe building block, easily wearable under sweaters, over t-shirts, or bare-armed for when the weather is just right. This slinky lace design has a luxe feel that will never age.
RRP: $49 / £35 | A lace-trimmed camisole is a great way to wear the boudoir trend. This stretchy and comfy fit makes for a gorgeous everyday piece that makes a statement whilst remaining supremely practical.
11. Bow details
When it comes to bows for spring/summer 2023 - the bigger, the better. Oversized, statement styles were seen on the runways of London Fashion Week with designers Susan Fang, Richard Quinn, BMUET (TE), Erdem, and Klamby leading the way on the look.
As with florals, bows are a steady trend for warmer months, thanks to their femininity and naturally romantic feel, making them ideal for special occasionwear. Interpreted in silks, tulles, and cotton, there were scaled-up neck-bows, delicate embellishment styles, and abstract silhouettes that transformed into shoulder strap details for a bold but pretty finish.
What to look out for:
- Shoulder details: Spotted at Erdem and Susan Fang, bow shoulder strap details will give a sculptural twist to dresses this year, offering feminine dressing for bridesmaid dresses and wedding guest dresses.
- Bow embellishments: From the slim ribbon styles at BMUET (TE), to more embroidered or appliqued styles, we've already seen plenty of raised textures in the forms of florals and ruffles, so we expect this look to not be too far behind.
- Pussybow necklines: One of the easiest ways to wear this fashion this spring is via the best shirts and blouses. Chiffon and silky blouses with statement necklines will soften tailoring for work and occasionwear looks.
RRP: $175 / £95 | Bow straps are a runway favorite and this top is so easy to style. Keep it monochromatic with a white midi skirt or contrast with some bright patterned pants this summer.
RRP: $79.99 / £69.99 | A bow fronted mini dress is a great idea for first dates as it has an automatically feminine feel. One of the best black wedding guest dresses for more directional nuptials too.
12. Blue Hues
Although pastel hues are rarely missing from the spring/summer trend reports, for 2023 we predict a greater leaning toward pastel and baby blue hues, even in the eyeglasses trends and for sunglasses frames. Seen all over the runway at both New York and London Fashion Weeks, this cool as ice shade covered everything from pretty day dresses to resplendent evening wear, casual separates, and beyond.
Tapping into several of the other trends on the list, from the delicate ruffles at Hai, and gorgeous floral prints at Emilia Wickstead, to the frothy, fluffy coats at 16Arlington, and beautiful sequined gowns at Badgley Mischka - soft blue hues have been one of the domination colors of the season so far, acting as the antidote to the almost acidic like brights that have been highly popular too. One for those who prefer a more delicate color palette.
What to look out for:
- Eveningwear: Icy hues in silky fabrics signaled a more subtle and elegant take on partywear. Delicate silver embellishments, such as fine beadwork effortlessly pair with the pastel blue tone for a dressed-up finish.
- Florals: Bloom prints are often seen as girly enough without being executed in classic tones or red and pink. Blue floral prints offer a more chintzy, china pattern finish and a delightfully retro and subtly sweet finish.
RRP: $385 / £285 | Rixo are known for making great dresses, and we particularly love the floaty style of this Liberty dress. A neutral blue, this pretty dress will work for events or holidays in the coming months, with the ruffled hem making a statement.
RRP: $29.99 / £19.99 | The oversized look is one we can expect to stay in our closets for some time as we all continue to embrace a more relaxed way of dressing post-pandemic. The silky fabric used for this shirt gives it a more dressed up finish.
RRP: $290 / £178 | A summer staple, linen pants for work will keep you cool and stylish, and this light blue hue couldn't be more ideal. With a flattering wide-leg cut and lengthening front pleat, they can easily be dressed up with heels or down with trainers.
13. Pink Perfection
One of the hottest color trends of last year is set to continue as a major spring/summer fashion trends for 2023. Originally part of the Dopamine Dressing trend that saw us buy into mood-boosting brights, fuchsia became the standout hit for both designer and straight-to-market brands. With the best pink dresses the style to be seen in over the summer, we were overjoyed to see pink return strongly to the runway at the 2023 spring/summer shows. Signaling a re-run for this fashion trend.
From hot pink hues that continue to explore what is Barbiecore style, putting it front and center once more, to softer pastel and coral interpretations, pink was spotted in all the major fashion cities, so if you invested last season hold onto those key pink buys.
What to look out for:
- Pink dresses: The largest interpretation for this trend was via dresses. Making this one of the easiest spring/summer fashion trends 2023 to inject into your wardrobe. From cocktail dress iterations to everyday, summer-ready maxi dresses, we expect no silhouette to remain untouched by a pink palette next season.
- Pink Suiting: Spotted at Marco Rambaldi, pink suiting and coords have already made an impact as part of many fall outfits, and its popularity in trouser and blazer combos is another ensemble that you can hold onto for February 2023 and beyond.
RRP: $475 / £268 | With pink suiting one of the key takeaways for this trend, this Reiss wool-blend blazer (with matching pants) is an absolute must. Wear them as a set for a wedding or Christening this season, before splitting them up pairing the jeans with a blazer.
RRP: $195 / £185 | Tapping into our love of all things fuchsia this delicate, silky blouse will work from AM to PM. Slip under tailored black suiting for a splash of color, or tuck into a pair of leather pants to add a softer feel to more rock and roll looks.
14. Statement Stripes
A style constant, there is rarely a season where stripes in some respect aren't 'on-trend'. While classic Breton stripes are still welcome in your capsule wardrobe, for the spring/summerstraight-to-market fashion trends 2023, we're seeing the rise of bold super stripes. Thicker and louder, from Luisa Spagnoli and Veronica Beard to Moschino, striped patterns were bold and bright, championing an almost deckchair aesthetic. An ideal trend for the summer months, no color is off limits and multi-colored iterations are expected to be a particular favorite for straight to market brands.
While Moschino used the pattern as an opportunity to give a modern feel to androgynous tailoring, you can easily interpret this look into simpler and more low-key pieces such as a chunky striped t-shirt, or lightweight knit.
What to look out for:
- Summer dresses: Dresses have become a wardrobe staple for all occasions and a striped summer dress instantly conjures up all the beach feels we need as the sun starts to shine. Look for thick horizontal stripes for the most fashion-forward interpretation.
- Pants: Vertical striped pants are an instant leg lengthener and will really make a statement, both at home or abroad. Opt for wider-legged pants to really maximize on the bold striped style and choose a high-waistedand silhouette for maximum figure lengthening.